Planet IX is a GameFi strategy game, where the mission is to explore the world, collect NFTs, and trade them on their proprietary Marketplace. We explore the intricacies of the game economy, marketplace, and strategy overview with Chris Jeansson, Co-Founder and head of Growth in this Nifty Show Episode #189.
Players can challenge each other in Play-to-Earn games and reap rewards from various DeFi functionalities. Your digital footprint in this environment will also create a sustainable real-world impact through our foundation focused on sustainability, Amelia Foundation.
The first season of Planet IX: Waters of Genesis will include a new free2play layer that will make the Planet IX ecosystem accessible by everyone. Manage your in-game assets through Mission Control and explore the ever-evolving world of Planet IX.
WATCH ON YOUTUBE
LISTEN TO THE PODCAST
- 00:00 – Intro
- 01:35 – Feature Guest, Sponsored Interview with Chris Jeansson
- 02:00 – What’s the state of the union on GameFi today?
- 03:55 – What is the correct naming of the project? Planet I-X. What kind of a game is this?
- 08:40 – How do players interact with each other in this game?
- 11:00 – It is more than land assets, because before the show you sent me a cargo box. Let’s open this live. What might I find inside of this?
- 14:25 – There are a few challenges Planet IX is facing. One is that stability of asset price in relation to new players to drive demand. Another is a content creator in the gaming space accusing Planet IX of being a ponzi scheme. How are you addressing the risk to prevent the ecosystem from falling into these traps?
- 19:00 – Joel continues opening Planet IX game asset packs. There’s a daily raffle within the ecosystem, also.
- 20:00 – This game has a lot of depth to it; you’ll want to join their Discord community and play around to learn how to play the game.
- 21:00 – Closing remarks
Featured Guest: Chris Jeansson, Co-Founder and Head of Growth
Meet Chris, a Swedish non-gaming, crypto enthusiast that believes decentralization ignites many of the answers when it comes to co-creation, when builders meets users and users becomes builders, in the recently discovered spirit of web3. Been exploring sense of belonging and drive for contribution for almost 2 decades. Spending his free time crawling deeper down in the rabbit hole, learning about decentralization and web3. Traveling a lot, lived abroad for many years.. anti-establishment since the 90s.
Do your own due diligence and research. Neither Joel Comm, Zach Comm nor Travis Wright are FINANCIAL ADVISORS.
We are sharing our journey with you as we learn more about this crazy little thing called cryptocurrency. We make NO RECOMMENDATIONS. Don’t take anything we say as gospel. Do not come to our homes with pitchforks because you lost money by listening to us.
We only share with you what we are learning and what we are investing in. We will never “pump or dump” any cryptocurrencies. Take what we say with a grain of salt. You must research this stuff on your own! Just know that we will always strive for RADICAL TRANSPARENCY with any show associations.