NFTs Go Hollywood: Space Jam, Saw, and The Walking Dead – Nifty News #74 for Tuesday, July 13th
NFTs are reaching deeper into popular culture as television and movies are getting into the game. Space Jam, Saw, and The Walking Dead are all coming to a blockchain near you. A Meebits has sold for a record-breaking 1000 ETH. American Express is offering NFTs to certain cardholders.
Capcom is also bringing us Streetfighter 2 on the WAX blockchain, and we’ve got an interview with Lee Jenkins to discuss the product and how WAX is infinitely more energy-efficient than other chains.
It’s nifty that you are here with us for the nifty news episode #74 of The Nifty Show.
ARTICLES MENTIONED IN SHOW:
- Nifty’s Inc. launches social NFT platform with Warner Bros. partnership
- Mark Cuban-Backed Nifty’s Raises $10M, Debuts with ‘Space Jam’ NFTs
- Playboy Unwraps Its Miami Beach NFT Collection
- Meebits #17522 NFT Sells For Record-Breaking 1,000 ETH
- The Walking Dead will shuffle its way into The Sandbox metaverse
- REVV Racing Coming August 11th with $150,000 in Prizes
- Brian Baumgartner & Judd Nelson Music-Comedy ‘Electric Jesus’ Scores North America & NFT Deal — Cannes Market
- Horror Movie Saw Gets Wax Collectible Treatment
- American Express Offering SZA NFTs to Cardholders Only
- Nifty News: Muse frontman drops track as NFT, Chimps create NFTs and more…
MAINSTREAM NFT ARTICLES
FUNNY WTF NFT’s
Lee Jenkins, Product Manager, WAX
We chatted with Lee from WAX all about the upcoming Street Fighter NFTs that they are helping Capcom release. We get into the full details of the sale, why these cards are so much different than the previous digital collectibles offered through WAX, and why the sale is specifically in USD and not in WAX crypto.
GRAB YOUR STREET FIGHTER NFT: https://www.streetfighter.cards
Do your own due diligence and research. Neither Joel Comm nor Travis Wright are FINANCIAL ADVISORS.
We are sharing our journey with you as we learn more about this crazy little thing called cryptocurrency. We make NO RECOMMENDATIONS. Don’t take anything we say as gospel. Do not come to our homes with pitchforks because you lost money by listening to us.
We only share with you what we are learning and what we are investing it. We will never “pump or dump” any cryptocurrencies. Take what we say with a grain of salt. You must research this stuff on your own! Just know that we will always strive for RADICAL TRANSPARENCY with any show associations.