eBay Taps into NFTs – Nifty News #55 for Tuesday, May 11th
Can you create NFTs on the Bitcoin blockchain? Merriam-Webster has a new succinct definition of an NFT and NBA players are making a fortune from NFTs.
What we referenced as a possibility last week has manifested as a reality this week. eBay is getting into the NFT game. Memes are also becoming big NFT business, but some are more valuable than others.
We’ll cover all this and more on our Nifty News episode #56 of The Nifty Show:
ARTICLES MENTIONED IN SHOW:
- Merriam-Webster has a succinct new definition of an NFT
- $85 million ‘Meebits’ NFT project exploited
- Vitalik Buterin Talks NFTs, DAOs, DeFi and the Next Billion Ethereum Users
- Redesigned Chadwick Boseman NFT art revealed after Oscars controversy
- EBay taps into NFT frenzy, allows sale on platform
- NBA players are making a fortune from NFTs. UFC fighters may not be so lucky
- Mark Cuban Joins Ethereum NFT Game Axie Infinity’s $7.5 Million Raise
- Wilder World raises $3 million for a metaverse built around NFT art
- Art Has a Money Laundering Problem. NFTs Could Make It Worse
- Sotheby’s To Auction ‘First NFT Ever Created’